SMi's 2nd annual Social Media within the Military & Defence Sector 2012
Don't miss the UK's leading military and defence social media event taking place in 1 month. SMi's 2nd annual Social Media within the Military & Defence Sector 2012 conference takes place in London on the 14th and 15th November 2012.
Following on from the outstanding success of last year's event, this year will be no different, providing the perfect forum for leading military speakers, government officials and industry professionals to discuss and debate the latest developments in social media and the way forward.
Features key speakers include:
• Pippa Norris, Head of Digital Engagement, Ministry of Defence, UK
• Nick Jones, Deputy Director, Prime Minister's Office and Cabinet Office
• Carsten Grueber, Senior Industry Manager, Government & Education, Google
• Colonel Douglas Anderson, Director, US Air Force
• Erik Lagersten, Director, Communications, Swedish Armed Forces
• Adam Proctor, Digital Media Manager, RAF, UK
• Brittany Brown, Social Media Manager , US Army
• Steven Mehringer, Head, Communication Technologies Section, NATO Headquarters
• John Yembrick, NASA Social Media Manager, PA Director, NASA Ames Research Centre
Key topics to be addressed:
• YouTube – How the Bundeswehr took advantage of a global phenomenon
• What is the ultimate cost of the use of social media by terrorists?
• The moulding of social media to a particular culture or structure
• The influence of social media on British Military culture
• Social media – secure or unsecure?
In addition delegates will have the chance to attend two workshops taking place on the 13th November:
- Creating a sustainable social media presence - Andrew Morton, Digital and Social Media Manager, Purple Strategies
- Social Media as an influence tool in conflict and post conflict – led by NATO School Germany
To register and to view the latest agenda please visit - http://www.smi-online.co.uk/military-socialmedia35.asp